Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Five Mile Pass Trail

South Panorama at Fivemile Pass parking lot
Panorama View of Fivemile Pass South from Parking Lot
Five Mile Pass Sign
Sign at Five Mile Pass
 
Since we are beginners, we chose to go south along the main trail. My husband and I left the main trail and veered right on a smaller side trail that gradually went up the hill. I soon found out that it was a little too steep for me. I told him I was scared when we got to the top of the trail because it looked pretty steep and rocky to go down so he turned his Grizzly around and turned mine around too. We went back down the way we came up.
We tried again, this time staying on the wider trail that continued south. This was a more level trail and we went about 2 miles then we turned left off the main trail. This brought us to an area where there were big piles of dirt and trails leading all over the area. We went up and down these dirt hills then headed back north, taking trails that led through the foothills. These trails were more steep, but not too bad for beginners. We traveled through sagebrush and cedar trees, kicking up dust from the rocky trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment